Saturday, June 2, 2012

Real men

The Idea of a real man conjures up images of a guy on a Harley or wearing a hard hat or a tattoo. Others include being a successful business owner, sports figure etc. Did any of these images make Jesus a real man? Is there any doubt that Jesus was a real man? He was a "man's man" but I would rather call Him "God's man".

Jesus is fully God and fully man just to keep our theology on track.

I have this strange fear that because of my incessant tendency to compare outward features of people I see that if I were to see Jesus on earth, I would have dismissed Him quickly as not being great.

Jesus was a great man because of His OBEDIENCE!!! He didn't call the shots. He did what His father commanded and said what His Father told Him to say.

John 5:19
Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

2 Corinthians 10:5
We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

John 15:5
I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

By His power according to His word, let's pursue being a man - God's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment